I suggest you ...

Sync file dates

Hi,
many compliments for your job, for being a beta is working pretty well.

It would be very useful for me if the synced file would keep creation and modification dates.

Maybe it depends from the server, but I think that could be possible to create a kind of register as a file on the ftp server, keeping those dates. The client would use this file to write the dates during the syncronizations.

Thanks
Federico

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  · 

I agree. This would be a MUST feature!!

• andy commented  · 

Same problem, there is no option to preserve server/local times and dates. Thats unfortunate, since the FTPBox will mess up other backup/sync tools that rely on date/time syncronisation to detect changes.

I also wonder how FTPBox can correctly detect file changes, if it does not sync modification timestamps?

I would strongly suggest to add a option that will sync creation and modification dates, while access dates should be ignored.

This means that a file that was created in 2009 should still have this property no matter what sync/backup tool you use, since those are valuable information for this file. The modification data should also always reflect the actual date/time a modification was done and not when it was synced/backed up.

thx
        Andy

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is not only server dependant. I have tried FTPBox with my FTP server in a Qnap NAS. It didn't sync dates. For example, Filezilla client does save dates when uploads to my Qnap ftp server, so there is any missing funtion in FTPbox to get this. Until then, it is not useful to me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base